Visit members of the Central New York Dietetic Association on Saturday June 14, 2014 from 10AM – 1PM at the CNY Regional Market. We will be providing samples of a crisp and refreshing, antioxidant-laden Spinach and Strawberry Salad outside of shed “E”.
Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Recipe from Whole Foods Market
• 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 pound baby spinach
• 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
• 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
In a large bowl, whisk together shallot and vinegar. While whisking constantly, drizzle in oil to make vinaigrette. Add spinach, strawberries, almonds and goat cheese and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.